Template websites – why not?
If you have ever looked at the templates available at some web hosting sites, you know that a basic website can be made easily by anyone. You can have a homepage with information about your services, several pages of details, and a contact page within a short time. Visitors will be able to find you on the web if they search for your name. That’s Great… but… how do they feel when they get there? Does you site show them you will deliver your product or service with trust, certainty and reliability like a well put together site does or does it say, we do things cheap and quick.
The trick is to have a web presence that is more than just the DIY five page site and contact form. You need a space that will draw visitors to your site who have never heard of your company, and perhaps have never heard of your products or services either.
To do this right, you need to know what they are looking for beyond what you have to offer.
- What type of person are they.
- What type of buyer they are.
- What the top 10 questions they will have about your product or service.
- What are the top 10 things they should know before using you or anyone in your industry.
- What makes your product/service different.
- What motivates them into action.
- What is that little “secret sauce” they are looking for that will get them doing business with you rather than your competitor.
You will need to do some of this research and brainstorming before you even think about designing a page or writing a line of code.